Effective May 25, 2019
We recognize that users of our Web Site and those whose information may be processed in connection with our brand protection products and domain name registration services have a right to understand how we treat their information. This Privacy Statement, which may be updated from time to time, has been developed to provide that information.
It gives details of how Wishoes (“Wishoes,” “we”, “us” or “our”) processes personal data about you, about how you can contact us if you have questions about how we handle your information.
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement explains how we treat the personal data we collect when you use our Web Site located at Wishoes.net and our Wishoes App (together the “Web Site”) or our products and services. It also provides information about how we treat the personal data processed in connection with our products and services.
Sometimes we may need to give you additional notices about specific interactions with us. Where we do so, we will make it clear that these additional notices apply.
WHAT SOURCES DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM?
When you visit our Web Site or use our products and services, we collect information about you. Typically, we collect or obtain your personal data because you provide it to us, or we observe or infer that information about you from the way you interact with us.
In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with requested information, you may not be able to access all of our Website’s content or our products or services.
We collect personal data from you:
- when you interact with us, e.g., when you contact us, purchase or use our services, and request content. We may retain a record of users who have contacted us in order to respond properly to questions or concerns and for purposes of future communications.
- when you use our Web Site, e.g. when you fill in online forms, we collect the information that you include in those forms.
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services, e.g. when you access the Website, we collect device and usage information as described in more detail here.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
How you interact with us, and the different products and services you access or use or are identified in connection with, determines what personal data we collect about you. We generally process non-sensitive personal data. However, in the course of our brand protection activities, we may identify conduct that is a criminal offense in some jurisdictions. You can learn more about this in this section.
The personal data we collect consists of the following:
- Name and contact details, e.g., name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number
- Login Credentials, e.g., security and credentialing information required to access our services
- User inputted content, e.g. content you provide to us when you use our products and services (e.g. if you use notes areas of our products to record your findings or contact our customer service team)
- Device information, e.g., information about your computer or other device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information, e.g., information about your use of our Web Site, such as date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web Site
- Billing information, e.g. credit card number and payment details
- Purchase history, e.g. purchases you have made, when your subscriptions expire or renew
In the course of identifying IP infringements or fraudulent activity and in pursuing related enforcement action, we also record data relating to alleged or actual criminal offenses.
We may send you marketing communications about white papers and events. We may also contact you about our programs, products, features or services that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you can email [email protected] with “unsubscribe” in the subject line; or follow the “unsubscribe” link provided in the e-mail that you receive.
You have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing.
Our e-mail marketing communications include an unsubscribe link which allows you to opt out of receiving any future marketing e-mails. You may also opt out of e-mail marketing by contacting us at [email protected] with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Please note that even after you opt out of receiving e-mail marketing communications, we may still send you service communications relating to your account and subscriptions. We may still contact you regarding your use of our Web Site.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personal data that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Wishoes is a global business and your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries with different privacy and data protection laws, including the United States. Where we transfer personal data internationally we ensure that appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws are in place, which include standard contractual clauses or cross-border privacy frameworks like EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. More information about these safeguards (including copies, where relevant) can be obtained by contacting us at [email protected]
This Web Site is operated in the United States and information collected by this Web Site is processed in the United States.
We are a global business and may disclose or transfer your personal data within Wishoes or to third parties in areas outside of your home country, including to countries that have not been declared adequate for the purposes of data protection by the European Commission (e.g. the United States).
If we transfer your personal data internationally, we implement appropriate safeguarding measures (typically contracts) in accordance with applicable law to protect your personal data.
If you would like copies of any relevant safeguarding measures, please contact us at [email protected].
Cookies/ Web server logs: Similar to other commercial Web Sites, our Web Site utilizes standard technology called “cookies” and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web Site is used. Cookies are a feature of Web browser software that allows Web servers to recognize the computer used to access a Web Site. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s Web browser on the user’s hard drive. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web Site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web Site. This information is analysed on an aggregate basis.
You can, of course, disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. However, it is possible that some parts of our Web Site will not operate correctly if you disable cookies. You should consult with your browser’s provider/manufacturer if you have any questions regarding disabling cookies.
This Web Site contains links to third party sites. Please be aware that Wishoes is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party sites. Therefore, we encourage our users to read the privacy statement of each and every Web Site that collects personal data.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under the age of 16, nor is our Web Site nor our products and services targeted to attract anyone under 16. We request that all visitors to our Web Site who are under 16 not disclose or provide any personal data. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data, we will delete that child’s personal data from our records.
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to the information we hold about you, and to request that we correct, erase or restrict our use of your information. In some cases, you may also have the rights to object to or withdraw your consent to our use of your information, and to request a transfer of information you have provided to us. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will respect the rights afforded to you under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries. The following rights are not absolute and do not apply in all cases.
- Right of subject access: The right to request, in writing, a copy of your personal data and details about the processing of that information.
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccuracies in your personal data corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to your personal data erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to limit the use of your personal data to specific purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You may opt out of marketing communications via the unsubscribe links in our communications with you or by contacting us at [email protected] with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
- Right to object: Where our processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, you have the right to object our processing of your personal data
- Right to data portability: The right to request that we transfer personal data you have provided to us to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data. Your withdrawal of consent, however, does not affect the lawfulness of any prior use of your personal data.
When responding to your request, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide information to help us better understand your request. We will provide you with explanation, where we are unable to comply with your request in whole or in part.
In order to exercise your rights please contact us at [email protected].
UPDATES TO THIS STATEMENT
This Statement may be updated from time to time. Any material future changes or additions to the processing of personal data as described in this Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel. Generally, we will also place a prominent notice on our Web Site or contact to inform you of the material changes in the updated Statement.